Saturday, April 10, 2010

House in the Hampton's anyone?

My absolute dream home is Diane Keaton's house from the movie "Somethings Gotta Give". I love the relaxed yet classic style of this kind of home. It seems to welcome you in for a glass of wine. I think the look can work well for both a suburban home or a sprawling property in country Australia. 


Here are some photos for inspiration;


This is my favourite kitchen. I love the all white and an island bench is so functional. 






Where's the pool boy??




Little bit of French country style in this bedroom which also works well with a Hampton's inspired interior.



Country Home Ideas


This kitchen also works well, and breaking up an all-white scheme with the duck egg blue give the kitchen a relaxed, by the beach vibe.  



Country Home Ideas



Another French inspired bedroom with a luxe upholstered bed. 




Perfect sized dressing room if you ask me! Just need more shoes to fill it now!


Cote De Texas Blog


I love the floor lamps in this picture. Coco Republic has similar lamps, and Luxe Homewares has a floor lamp with similar legs, but a round shade. 

I also love the stripes which I think are essential for the Hampton's look. 




Now all I need is the money to build my perfect Hampton's style home on a beautiful acreage block in Brisbane's West, and I'll be set! Not too much to ask is it?

Love Jo xx